Meaningful Play Conference
Whether designed to entertain or to achieve more “serious” purposes, games, virtual reality, augmented reality, and mixed reality have the potential to impact players’ beliefs, knowledge, attitudes, emotions, cognitive abilities, physical and mental health, and behavior. Meaningful Play brings scholars and industry professionals together to understand and improve upon games to entertain, inform, educate, and persuade in meaningful ways.
The conference will include thought-provoking keynotes from leaders in academia and industry, peer-reviewed paper presentations, panel sessions (including academic and industry discussions), innovative workshops, roundtable discussions, and exhibitions of games and prototypes.
Conference Audience and Themes
The conference is primarily for:
- industry and academic game researchers
- industry and academic game designers and developers
- game educators
- government and NGOs interested in games
The three primary themes of the conference are:
- exploring meaningful applications of games
- issues in designing meaningful play
- learning, education & games