This mobile app provides the residents of Flint with the most important and up-to-date action items they should take to protect themselves, their families, and their pets in dealing with the Flint water crisis.
The app provides:
- Ability to find and get directions to the closest water stations, free water filters, blood testing sites, and food assistance locations.
- Water tips on dealing with the Flint water crisis.
- Nutrition tips to limit the damage of lead exposure.
- Health tips to keep your family safe and/or deal with lead poisoning issues.
- Community building information.
- A news feed with the latest Flint news.
- Push notifications on timely information such as boil water alerts (optional).
The action items are assembled by a team of experts at Michigan State University derived from many sources, including the United Way 211, College of Human Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, College of Communication Arts & Sciences, WKAR-TV, and MSU Extension.